Tuesday, July 7, 2015

How to Change IGNOU Regional Center - Experiences

We had written a blogpost on how to change IGNOU Regional Center and Study Center in the previous Post. You can read it HERE.

How to Change IGNOU Regional Center - Experiences

This experience is taken from Quora.com which has user generated experience of changing IGNOU Regional Centers. We have published it here with necessary editing to help you understand the process of change of IGNOU Regional Center.

The User Asks:

"What is the procedure to change the IGNOU regional center for MA (English) from Jaipur to Bangalore?

I enrolled for MA in English in Jaipur (January 2014). Now, I shifted to Bangalore (Indira Nagar). I would like to know the procedure to change my IGNOU regional centre. Do I need to visit Jaipur center for any formalities? Is the transfer process possible through mails? 

Kindly help if anyone has changed their IGNOU regional center."


USER's Response:

I wrote an email asking Jaipur IGNOU Regional Center to change my IGNOU Regional Center to Bangalore (mentioned my IGNOU enrollment number, IGNOU Registration Number, IGNOU Course Code, Year of Joining in IGNOU and asked for change of phone number and address change too).

In a few days, I got a reply from Jaipur Regional Center that my request is under process as my fee details and assignment if any, is transferred to Bangalore Regional Center of IGNOU University and I need to contact Bangalore Regional Center of IGNOU University.

Next, I wrote a mail to Bangalore Regional Center of IGNOU University stating control number (which was given by Jaipur Regional Center of IGNOU University reply mail from Jaipur Regional Center) and followed up with them on call. Currently, it is in progress. The Bangalore Regional Center of IGNOU University has stated that I will get a mail from Bangalore Regional Center of IGNOU University in a week which will mention my Bangalore study center of IGNOU University

OUR COMMENTS:

In the above case, the IGNOU Regional Center at Jaipur and Bangalore were relaxed and they initiated the process even after getting an email. However, not all Regional Center of IGNOU University may act on email. Therefore, it is advised to the students to write an official letter and attach the necessary forms for change of IGNOU Regional Center. It is better to visit in Person or through someone to the Current IGNOU Regional Center where you are registered and it is also advised to visit in Person to the Regional Center where you want your registration to be changed/Shifted/transferred. If you can not visit the Regional Center of IGNOU University, then, send your requests by Registered Post of India Post or by Courier and start following up by email or Phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment